The Orange County Uplift Foundation's Career Matching Program (CMP) is a mentorship program committed towards providing guidance to college undergraduate students through participation in workshops, community service, and one-on-one mentorship. The goal of the program is to foster educational and professional success by preparing and inspire young women and men in underserved communities to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) discipline and environments.
- Attend the CMP mandatory orientation meeting on February 24th, 2018
- Availability during the program dates of February 24th – June 23rd, 2018
- Meet with (or communicate with) mentor at least once a month
- Participate in mentee workshops including: Resume Writing, Interview Techniques, Peer to Peer and Career Panel Discussion.
- Participate in a minimum of one community service event per semester
- Maintain good academic standing at your school of study
- Preferably planning to obtain a degree in a STEM related field of study. However, for the 2018 CMP cohort, we are attempting to infuse more majors and career interest into the CMP STEM program. Students with majors in Business, Finance, and Education are encouraged to apply
- Currently enrolled at a community college or four-year university
- Completed a minimum of 12 units
- Minimum 2.5 transferable G.P.A.
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by the CMP Application
- Receive one-on-one mentorship and guidance from a professional in your discipline of study
- Develop communication, problem solving, collaboration and critical thinking skills to support both personal and professional growth
- Build confidence, knowledge and experience to help realize your educational dreams and potential
- Guidance in creating a professional cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile and understanding business attire and etiquette
- Obtain interview techniques to be used for job and career advancement
- Receive a $500 scholarship for completion of the CMP Mentorship program